商业与职业发展部门 (Business and Career Opportunity)
1. Promote collaborations with off-campus organizations through co-sponsoring, co-organizing events, etc, with organizations including but not limited to corporations, professional organizations, alumni associations, non-profitorganizations.
2. Propose sponsorship packages of CUCSSA events to CUCSSA friends, corporatepartners and other organizations, and seek logistic and financial support to further advance CUCSSA's mission.
3. Create more career opportunities for Chinese students in Columbia University through the collaboration with corporations.
4. Collaborate with Center for Career Education in Columbia and off-campus organizations to provide Chinese students with all kinds of career training, promote Chinese students’ competitiveness in career.
社会与文化事务部 (Social and Cutural Affairs)
2.建立及管理CUCSSA Society。CUCSSA Society旨在为哥伦比亚大学校友、CUCSSA顾问、及曾经参与CUCSSA各类活动的VIP嘉宾们建立一个交流平台，为CUCSSA提供更广阔的与外界联系沟通的机会
1. Organize social activities to promote cultural and intellectual exchange for CUCSSA community, including but not limited to lectures, parties, entertainment events and art performance
2. Establish and maintain CUCSSA Society, which is to serve as a platform for Columbia University alumni and CUCSSA advisors and VIPs to enhance the networking and communication opportunities with the CUCSSA broader community
3. Design and deliver featured cultural events, such as the annual Chinese New Year Gala, China Day and celebrations for traditional festivals
4. Collaborate with other CUCSSA departments when organizing large-scale events
5. Plan and execute New Students Care Program
6. Plan and organize Micro Film shooting
7. Maintain and oversee the subordinate groups: Dance Club, Cross Talk Club, Game Club
组织与校内发展部 (Community Development and Initiative)
1. CDI communicates and coordinates with other student organizations in Columbia University, aiming to expand the presence and influence of CUCSSA on campus. It helps CUCSSA to serve as the umbrella organization for the Chinese community in Columbia, strengthening ties with Chinese-student organizations in the Columbia Business School, Columbia Law School, Columbia Teachers’ College, SEAS and SIPA. It also promotes partnership with American-student organizations on campus to deepen mutual understanding and facilitate communication.
2. CDI seeks to obtain continued support from the University by working closely with the University administration and maintaining good relations with the University Board of Trustees, the President’s Office, professors and scholars.
3. CDI maintains friendly relationships and seek mutually beneficial partnerships with non-profit organizations in New York, CSSAs in other Ivy League institutions and alumni associations of Chinese universities in the U.S.
4. CDI works closely with the Columbia Global Center in Beijing and Columbia Alumni Associations (Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong Chapters) to establish an active Columbia alumni community in the Greater China Region.
5. CDI oversees activities and events of affiliated clubs, i.e. Sports Club and etc.
媒体与公共关系部 (Media and Public Relations)
1. MPR promotes CUCSSA’s public relationships and further extends its influence nationally and internationally.
2. MPR fosters cooperation with mainstream media in the U.S., as well as strengthens connections to the Chinese ones. It garners widespread publicity for every event CUCSSA organizes.
3. MPR establishes the multimedia branch, whose responsibilities include event reporting, website management, photography/videography and related post-processing.
4. MPR initiates the multi-platform smartphone application project, following the digital trends and serving as a precedent for other CSSAs in the U.S.
5. MPR launches the student magazine, aiming to revealing the thoughts and talents of students abroad.
6. MPR developes branding strategies and keeps up positive image for CUCSSA. It also handles public relation crisis.